Conflict Resolution at Work
About this Course:
Wherever two or more people come together, there is bound to be conflict. Unaddressed resentment or misunderstandings can become a fertile ground for decreased productivity, escalation, and toxicity. Contrarily, resolving conflict strengthens bonds, promotes understanding, and results in high-yielding outcomes for yourself and the team. This course will give participants a seven-step conflict resolution process that they can use and modify to resolve conflict disputes of any size. Your participants will also be provided a set of skills in solution building and finding common ground.
In this Conflict Resolution workshop, participants will learn crucial conflict management skills, including dealing with anger and using the Agreement Frame. Dealing with conflict is important for every organization no matter what the size. If it is left unchecked or not resolved it can lead to lost production, absences, attrition, and even lawsuits.
Participants will become self-aware and mindful of their emotions and behaviors to better navigate through tough situations. Members will discover how to take responsibility for their emotions by being proactive rather than reactive in interpersonal relationships. By learning to cultivate positive attitudes and learning the art of detachment, understanding, and forgiveness, partakers will be equipped to resolve challenging workplace conditions and circumstances.
- Defining conflict
- What is conflict resolution?
- Conflict-resolution styles
- Creating an effective atmosphere for solutions
- Creating mutual understanding
- Focusing on individual and shared needs
- Isolating cause of conflict
- Identifying benefits of resolution
- Creating win-win solutions and options
- Understanding the root cause of conflict
- Understanding human relationships
- Tools such as anger management and Agreement Frame
- Taking responsibility for emotions/expectations
- Art of detachment
- Positive effects of positivity
- Forgiveness – crowning virtue in relationships
- Cultivating empathy
- Real-life scenarios and interactive revision
You Will Learn:
- Definition of conflict
- Gain understanding of conflict resolution
- Five basic conflict resolution styles
- How to set ground rules and neutralize emotions
- Ways of creating mutual understanding
- Methods to identify what lies at the bottom of any particular conflict
- How to generate ideas and create optimal solutions for both parties
- Why individuals differ and conflict occurs
- Basics of anger management
- To be proactive in interactions and a problem solver
- Working in elevated consciousness and detachment
- How to develop positive thinking
- Forgiveness as a conflict resolution tool
- Empathy and its positive effect on tackling difficult situations/people
This is your course if you are looking to:
- Understand what it means to have a conflict and its negative and positive effects.
- Discover conflict resolution processes and styles.
- Formulate a framework to diffuse conflicts by creating a conducive environment.
- Create a model of win-win situations and mutual gains.
- Gain insights on steps to overcome major conflicts through goodwill, finding common ground, and more.
- Understand the four-stage model of how teams grow and develop as a tool for resolution.
- Learn ways to pinpoint the cause and effect of any conflict.
- Successfully create multiple gains and solutions that are viable and effective.
- Delve deep into the root cause of conflict in relationships at work and home.
- Decrease expectations and learn the art of acceptance.
- Adopt tools such as forgiveness, empathy, detachment, and positive thinking for resolution.
- Become a problem-solver and solution-oriented.
- Better control your emotions and mind.
- Cultivate happy and strong human relationships/connections at work and home.