Focus to Finish: Achieve More, Stress Less
About this Course:
Constant access to information and the expectations to do more with less is overwhelming for most in today’s fast-paced world. It is so easy to get distracted with a multitude of things while working. Distractions, however, decrease effectiveness. Chasing short-term gratification can also result in piled up stress, low confidence, and feeling of worthlessness. Employees who are unfocussed can have an invisible compounding effect on the organization’s balance sheet with loss of valuable business relationships, team productivity, etc. At an organizational level, HR and Leadership is often faced with the challenge of building gateways to retain employee focus during working hours.
Of the many options you have on a daily basis, how do you know what to focus on? How do you know where to direct your energy and attention? How do you determine the one thing that you should commit to doing in the present moment or day? Amidst the endless chatter of your mind, how can you feel empowered to make hard decisions and eliminate things that are not a good use of your time? As it is said – “Energy flows where the attention goes”. When you focus on something, it expands. Focus is the gateway to all thinking: perception, memory, learning, reasoning, problem solving, and decision making. Focus combined with purpose, can truly transform your life. It results in living consciously rather than mindlessly falling victim to whatever comes our way. It determines the level of success you achieve. Focus is actually a muscle which when enhanced, enables people to remain in the present moment and apply their efforts to the task at hand. By building their cognitive abilities, it allows them to enter a state of "flow", where the mind and body work in unison. This results in increased productivity, more creativity and better relationships.
This Focus to Finish course will walk you through a variety of strategies, starting from basics like setting balanced goals, prioritizing them, overcoming ubiquitous challenges like procrastination, self-guilt and having deep insights on the science behind the human brain and the best meditation techniques. Through amazing illustrations, comprehend the power that the mind has over performance and the usefulness of investing time in visualization. When you reclaim your focus, maximize productivity and consistently hit your goal posts, you become a valued team member, maintain personal well-being and ace towards success.
- Introduction to Attention Management
- Types of Attention
- Strategies for Goal Setting
- Meditation and its effect on creating a state of Flow
- Training Your Attention
- Attention Zones Model
- SMART goals
- Keeping Yourself Focused
- Prioritizing Your Time
You Will Learn:
- Developing a productive mindset.
- Understand the difference between busy work and productive work.
- Identify different types of focus required for different types of situations.
- Creation of SMART and balanced goals for proper direction, based on our realities.
- Significance of periodically reviewing, evaluating and adapting to goals, based on changed circumstances, visions or requirements of business or personal lives.
- Comprehend the link between feelings and focus.
- Staying motivated through self-discipline and the power of habits.
- The mind-body linkage and strategies to connect the mind with will, energy and power.
- Different types of brainwaves, neuroplasticity of the brain and the science of meditation.
- Visualization and execution.
- Practical ways to put an end to the habit of procrastination.
- The truths of multitasking.
- Minimize or breakthrough the many distractions of modern life like compulsive social media habits.
This is your course if you are looking for:
- Managing your mind and thoughts.
- Understanding the law of karma and how thoughts create our destiny.
- Increased productivity and job satisfaction with practical tips to overcome operating in distracted and unproductive zones.
- Leading a satisfied, non-confused life by setting SMART goals for personal pursuits as well.
- Assertiveness skills through ‘Positive No’ statements for managing your time and relationships wisely.
- Taking charge of your time and stop living on other people's schedules.
- Honing your abilities to focus through seemingly counterintuitive methods like visualization, identifying peak hours of productivity etc.
- The best meditation technique in the plethora available around the globe.
- Solutions for recovering from feeling overwhelmed and regaining focus.
- Avoiding paralysis by analysis.
- Embracing more opportunities in life.