Controlling Anger Before it Controls You
About this Course:
“If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.” - Ancient Adage
Anger can be an incredibly damaging force, costing people their jobs, personal relationships, and even their health,when it gets out of hand. Yet, it is a common problem. The reasons for anger are often misinterpreted or superficially understood. In addition, the ramifications caused by such extreme emotions have an undesirable long-lasting effect for those who surround us.
Hence skills to control and limit anger are of paramount importance for everyone. Catching your anger flames early before they turn into a bonfire of problems, can avoid the subsequent whirlpool of negative situations and greatly enhance your life with peace and good health. Thus until you learn to subdue this emotion, your personal and professional harmony remains endangered.
Since anger is all-pervasive--we have all seen it in ourselves and others--it is imperative to know its root cause. This knowledge will empower you in consciously gaining mastery over your lower self. This Anger Management workshop will also upskill participants to identify their anger triggers, manage themselves as well as others’ anger, using practical techniques. For a long-lasting permanent growth over anger, you will also gain higher perspectives at such extreme emotions and some key levers for eliminating anger from your psyche. Construct a rich mind and a fruitful life by keeping the remote control of your emotions in your own hands!
- Understanding Anger
- Root causes
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Gaining Control
- Separation of People from the Problem (Gap between Circumstance and our Emotions)
- Identifying and Working on the Problem
- Solving Problem
- A Personal Plan
- The Triple A approach
- Dealing with Angry People
- Pulling the techniques altogether
You Will Learn:
- Anger dynamics in terms of the anger cycle and the fight and flight theory.
- Common anger myths and their factual refutations.
- Insights on helpful and unhelpful ways of dealing with anger.
- Discover the surprising root causes behind anger.
- Difference between objective and subjective language.
- Tips in identifying the problem.
- A higher perspective to anger - channelize your growth.
- Practical applicability of ancient wisdom on contemporary situations giving rise to anger.
- Express a feeling or position using I-messages.
- Negotiation and solution-building.
- Reflection on one’s hot buttons and personal anger dynamics.
- When and how to spur into action.
- Guidelines on when to back away and what to do.
This is your course if you are looking for:
- Rectifying your perception at work or at home.
- Gaining insights on how to effectively respond to anger situations.
- Building self-awareness and control.
- Avoiding the emotion of anger from overpowering our physical and mental health, professionalism at work and relationships in life.
- Recognizing warning signs, coping thoughts, relaxation techniques and ways to blow off steam.
- Know skills and techniques in making a disagreement constructive, including effective negotiation, consensus-building and identifying solutions.
- Strategies for responding to an anger-provoking situation by altering, avoiding or accepting.
- Understanding the energy curve and how it can help in responding to someone else’s anger.
- Learn and practice de-escalation techniques.
- Gain an integrated view of anger management techniques.
- Understand the difference when to manage on your own vs. when you need professional help.
- Tips for practically actioning and sustaining the learnings to improve overall quality of life.