Growing Emotional Intelligence for Enhanced Performance
About this Course:
“Ninety percent of the CSFs (Critical Success Factors) for successful project implementation are directly linked to Emotional Intelligence.” - Project Management Institute
Almost all jobs require the ability to manage emotions – our own and sometimes of others. Yet, ironically, formal education is never mandated for this most-used skill at the workplace and life.
Emotionally intelligent people recognize the gap between circumstances and their reactions. They hold themselves responsible for their life, and hence by understanding their strengths and weaknesses, they deal diligently with stress. In doing so, they overcome hurdles, develop better partnerships with colleagues and clients, and pave the path for success. Professionals with high EQ also perform better and have greater job satisfaction. Thus EQ surpasses IQ, as a life skill.
This Emotional Intelligence course will expound on self-awareness, regulating your thoughts and emotions, and motivating yourself in difficult times. It will help you take responsibility for your emotions by recognizing your emotional triggers and learn how to control impulse reactions to them. It will also help develop empathy for others. This skill empowers managers to generate passion in their teams by leveraging everybody’s potential for higher productivity. By learning to do small acts that make a big difference, leaders can build high EQ teams, thereby fostering a culture of low stress and high performance.
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Signs of High and Low EI
- Developing Emotional Awareness
- Taking responsibility of our emotions
- Developing Beneficial emotions
- Ways in which EI helps employees improve their work performance
- How to use EI to improve productivity
- Fostering EI in an organization
- Group Activity / Case study
- Meditation for enhancing EI
You Will Learn:
- What is Emotional Intelligence or Emotional Quotient and its components?
- Characteristics of people with High and Low EQ.
- Develop emotional awareness by taking charge of your emotions.
- Acknowledge your abilities to exercise your free will for choosing an attitude of growth.
- Have better impulse control and avoid distractions that often derail you from achieving your goals in a timely manner.
- Govern your mental capacity to do your job rather than being influenced by emotional interactions.
- Express your authenticity by evolving to a state of higher EI.
- Quickly transform change, problems and conflict into opportunities.
- Recognize, respond, and respect self as well as others’ emotions, thereby leading to long-lasting relationships with clients and colleagues for continual success.
- Reject all unproductive thoughts to surge towards success with every choice and decision.
- Gain others’ trust and magnify your ability to influence others for bringing out the best in the team.
This is your course if you are looking for:
- Clarity on popularly preconceived notions of destiny, astrology etc. controlling your life events.
- Looking beyond immediate visibility and developing a higher perspective towards problems.
- Transforming yourself from being a negative thinker, focussing on problems — to a positive thinker, who focuses on solutions.
- Communicating with impact, for building healthy relationships at work, for keeping project teams aligned and motivated towards their goals.
- Removing barriers in working relationships and dealing situations diligently where there are high probability of conflict and non-productive behaviors.
- Developing your Leadership capabilities by becoming a better team member, valuing partnerships and honing your networking capabilities for better business opportunities.
- As a Leader, develop the appropriate culture in your organization where your employees can practice skills to progress towards higher EQ.
- Turn around your organization’s productivity, top-line and bottom-line growth by higher employee retention, by offering holistic learning opportunities and a mentally safe environment.