Coaching and Mentoring Your Employees
About this Course:
You are in your office looking over your performance report and it happened again. Your low performing employee failed to meet quota this month even after you spoke with them about the importance of meeting goals. This employee has a great attitude and you know they can do better. You just do not know how to motivate them to reach the goal. Money used to work, but that has worn off. You are baffled and you know being frustrated makes matters worse. What do you do?
This Coaching and Mentoring workshop focuses on how to better coach your employees to a higher performance. Coaching is a process of relationship building and setting goals. How well you coach relates directly to how well you are able to foster a great working relationship with your employees through understanding them and strategic goal setting.
An easy-to-understand coaching model taught in this workshop will guide you through the coaching process. Prepare yourself to change a few things about yourself in order to coach your employees to better their performance.
- Defining coaching and mentoring
- Setting goals
- Understanding employee performance
- Developing success options for your employee(s)
- Creating a development plan
- Importance of trust
- Providing feedback
- Overcoming roadblocks for employees
- Identifying success and transitioning the coachee
- How mentoring differs from coaching
- Qualities of good mentors
- Developing a service attitude as a leader
- Real-life scenarios and interactive revision
You Will Learn:
- Definition of coaching, mentoring, and the GROW model.
- How to identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique.
- To identify current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
- To define options for your employee and turn them into a plan.
- Steps involved in finalizing a plan and employee execution.
- Benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
- Steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust.
- To identify and overcome obstacles in the growth and development of your employee.
- To successfully end coaching and transitioning the coachee to other growth opportunities.
- Difference between mentoring and coaching and how to use both to enable long-term development through a positive relationship with your employee.
- Qualities and virtues of impactful mentors.
- Importance of the service attitude and selflessness to help others bring out their best.
This is your course if you are looking to:
- Understand what coaching/mentoring is and how to be effective at it.
- Use a methodical approach and coaching model such as the GROW model.
- Set SMART goals with your employee to help them achieve success.
- Assess and frame your employee’s current reality and obstacles in their growth.
- Develop options and identify paths for improvement and progress.
- Learn how to structure a plan to achieve set goals.
- Plan executables such as learning new skills, application of knowledge, performances and assessment.
- Motivate your employee(s) and create a good working environment.
- Discover the meaning of trust, how to build it, and what to avoid to break it.
- Effective means of providing constructive feedback to employee(s).
- Encourage growth and development of your employee(s).
- Learn common obstacles in coaching and how to overcome them.
- Help your employee(s) stay on track and progress.
- Identify and acknowledge your employee’s achievement of goals.
- Understand how to transition the coached party to next level of development.
- Learn the basic differences between coaching and mentoring and how to blend the two for increased benefit of the employee(s).
- Learn and develop qualities of a great coach/mentor.
- Adopt the service attitude and learn the art of helping others become the best version of themselves.