About this Course:
Human Resources, recruiters, and people who hire and work together, all face the challenge of unintentional judgment based on irrationality, social cues, and cultural differences. Hence, everyone has unconscious biases. They live in the recesses of the human brain without us realizing it. These biases are grown in each individual and can greatly influence the day-to-day decisions that are made both at home and at work.
Our Unconscious Bias workshop will introduce your participants to defining and understanding different unconscious biases. It will show the effects that these biases and stereotypes have on the culture and the business practices of a company. Participants will learn tools and processes to combat/disrupt unconscious biases and reframe their perspective. Workshop includes microaggressions that may go unnoticed at work and how to address them proactively. Partakers will discover techniques to communicate effectively and respectfully to create an inclusive workplace.
You will greatly benefit from learning the workings of the subconscious mind and how to harness its power to rise in objectivity, efficiency, and creativity. Further, gaining insights on limiting beliefs and conditioning of the mind will broaden the viewpoint of the participants. This will allow for enhanced productivity and engagement.
- Defining unconscious bias
- What is the subconscious mind?
- Types of unconscious biases
- Common biases – age, gender, appearance, etc.
- Negative effect on the organization of unconscious biases
- Mitigating unconscious bias
- Promoting inclusion
- Benefits of non-bias policies for the organization
- Harnessing the power of the subconscious and retraining it
- Eradicating biases through deeper understanding
- Change your beliefs – change your thinking
- Real-life scenarios and interactive revision
You Will Learn:
- Definition of unconscious bias and quick facts.
- What is the subconscious mind and how it works.
- Possible triggers of unconscious biases and their impact.
- Various types of unconscious biases including affinity, attribution, contribution, Halo effect, Horns effect, etc.
- Negative effects on company dynamics of biases – such as recruitment, turnover, reputation, and more.
- Subtle microaggressions that are part of behaviors and how to correct them.
- Proven methods to alleviate unconscious bias in employees and across the organization.
- Practical techniques to promote inclusion.
- Beneficial impact on the organization from implementing non-bias strategies.
- How to use the untapped potential of the subconscious mind and retrain it to rise above stereotypes and biases.
- Techniques to eliminate biases from the recesses of your mind through a higher understanding of human connections, empathy, and a broader perspective on life.
- To change your limiting beliefs to expand your understanding of yourself and others.
This is your course if you are looking to:
- Understand unconscious biases and their origination.
- Learn about the subconscious mind which is responsible for most of your conscious decisions and actions.
- Discover the many types of unconscious biases such as gender, age, appearance, attribution, conformity, Halo effect, Horns effect, and more.
- Gain insights on the detrimental effects of biases on organizations.
- Learn about low-level indignities known as microaggressions that often play out in the workplace and how to overcome them.
- Ensure your company’s turnover rate is low, employee morale is high, productivity is at its peak, and reputation is positive.
- Encourage a workplace culture free from biases and stereotypes.
- Nurture an all-inclusive environment where employees can celebrate differences, voice their opinions, and feel united.
- Learn about the positive impact non-bias policies and protocols have on an organization.
- Harness the power of the subconscious mind through positive self-affirmations and contemplation.
- Retrain the mind through neuroplasticity to function optimally and bias-free.
- Remove the seed of unwanted biases and negative thoughts through self-awareness, greater understanding of human relationships, empathy, and the art of better thinking.
- Eliminate the root cause of biases by changing your limiting beliefs and manifesting your highest human potential.