Course Details

Top Ten Soft Skills for Excellence and Leadership

About this Course:

In today’s boundaryless world, there is an ever-increasing need for collaboration. Possessing technical know-how and the skills for executing your job duties is no longer enough. These hard skills contribute only 15 percent to success at work, while well-developed soft skills contribute the remaining 85 percent. This was the conclusion of research studies conducted by the Carnegie Foundation and the Stanford Research Center, amongst others.

Therefore, Soft skills or better termed as “human” skills are the need of the hour for greater success in personal, professional, and social lives. They empower us to connect with other human beings (our clients, co-workers, management etc.) and effectively work with others in a broad array of situations. Essential soft skills add a remarkable shine to your career till the C-suite level. While many soft skills seem like common sense at first glance, however only when they are commonly put into practice, then one can avoid the most common career blunders. Benefits experienced also include greater job satisfaction and overall happiness at the workplace. Therefore, they are an investment worth making.

Our Top Ten Soft Skills for Excellence and Leadership workshop will equip you to develop and practically implement a core set of soft skills. With intelligent insights into human behaviour, participants will be empowered to look at people interactions in a new light and improve on almost every aspect of their life, beyond work as well. Actionable strategies will help you build a stronger professional brand, engage intelligently in business conversations and give you the confidence to excel in your career. You will perceive the difference you make in your surroundings by practising these skills on a daily basis and contributing to a more efficient, harmonious and productive workplace.

Course Content:

  • Understanding Soft skills
  • Communication skills
  • Teamwork
  • Problem-solving skills
  • Time Management skills
  • Attitude of Care, Trust and Empathy
  • Adaptability and Flexibility skills
  • Self-Confidence
  • Openness to Learning and Feedback
  • Networking

You Will Learn:

  1. Significance of the top 10 soft skills for success at the workplace.
  2. Know-how to get clients and coworkers to know, like and trust you.
  3. Communicating with power and spark interest by actively practicing verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
  4. Enhancing interpersonal relationships by switching from hearing to listening and interpreting others on things meant but not said.
  5. Components of Empathy and their demonstration.
  6. Art of scheduling and prioritizing work.
  7. Creating a cohesive unit at your workplace, that leverages everyone’s talents and encourages contribution by one and all.
  8. Applying problem-solving skills in 5 steps, to enhance productivity and to cultivate relationships by focusing on shared goals and solutions.
  9. How caring for others and caring for self can go hand-in-hand.
  10. Interdependency of work satisfaction and trustworthiness.
  11. Hone your abilities to adapt to changing circumstances, learning new skills and staying invested in growing people while working with them.
  12. Grow your engagement at work by experiencing a shift in focus from material rewards to work satisfaction.
  13. Embrace the learnings from criticism for personal and professional excellence instead of perfection.
  14. How to approach networking events with strategy, skill and less anxiety (because you know what to do).

This is your course if you are looking for:

  • Developing an optimistic personality and being solution-oriented.
  • Interactive skills for engaging with business stakeholders in an intelligent and polished manner.
  • Understand how to reach out to people and when to back off.
  • Building rapport, solving problems, resolving conflicts, and building productive relationships.
  • Having greater job performance and satisfaction by exercising emotional intelligence.
  • Building a positive frame of mind to become resilient in the face of challenges.
  • Effectively manage time by monotasking, mastering scheduling of tasks, prioritization, managing distractions and breaks.
  • Demonstrating adaptability at workplace and humanitarian leadership qualities, by flexing your style based on people, process and situations.
  • Learning and cultivate traits to build self-confidence.
  • Networking skills for maximizing time and opportunities with people, resulting in mutual impact and long-lasting relationships.